- Name: Kazuhiro Okada (岡田一祐)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Office: Information Resources Center, Research Institute for Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies
- 3-11-1 Asahi-cho, Fuchu-shi, Tokyo, Japan 183-8534
- 28 May 1987: Born in Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
- 1993–2010: Lived in Chiba, Japan
- 2010: BA (Literature), Faculty of Letters, Chiba University, Japan
- 2012: MA in Japanese Linguistics, Graduate School of Letters, Hokkaido University, Japan
- 2015: PhD in Japanese Linguistics, Graduate School of Letters, Hokkaido University, Japan
- 2011: Teaching Assistant, ‘Kokugogaku gairon’ [Introduction to Japanese Linguistics], Hokkaido University
- 2011–15: Teaching Assistant, ‘Ronjutsu sakubun’ [Academic Writing in Japanese], Sapporo Gakuin University
- 2011: Occasional Lecturer, ‘Kotoba no shikumi’ [Introduction to Language Structure], Asahikawa Association of the Deaf
- 2014–15: Part-time Lecturer, ‘Nihongo hyōgen’ / ‘Gengo Hyōgen’ [Writing Academic Japanese / Academic Writing in Japanese], Hokusei Gakuen University
- 2015–: Research Associate, Information Resources Center, Research Institute for Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies
- 2017–: Part-time Lecturer, ‘Nihongo, nihon bungaku jōhō shori hō’ [Data Processing on Japanese Linguistics and Japanese Literature], Aoyama Gakuin University
- 2017: Part-time Lecturer, ‘Jinbun kagaku-no kadai: sentan kenkyū-no seika-o shiru’ [Humanities and Social Thought: Knowing the Leading Research and its Outcomes], LX106, Chiba University
- 2015: Researcher, Graduate School of Letters, Hokkaido University
- 2017–: Joint Researcher, Research Institute for Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies
- 2009–: Chiba Daigaku Bungakubu Nihonbunka Gakkai [The Japanese Culture Studies Society of Chiba University Faculty of Letters]
- 2010–: Nihongo Gakkai [The Society for Japanese Linguistics]
- 2010–: Hokkaido Daigaku Kokugo Kokubun Gakkai [Hokkaido University Japanese Language and Literature Society]
- 2015. 2014nen-do Nihongo-gakkai ronbun shō [The Society for Japanese Linguistics 2014 Best Paper Award]. The Society for Japanese Linguistics, for “Meiji kenteiki tokuhon-no hiragana jitai” (Studies of the Japanese Language 10.4).
- 2016. 2016nen-do Nihongo-gakkai shunki taikai happyō shō [The Society for Japanese Linguistics 2016 Spring Meeting Best Presentation Award]. The Society for Japanese Linguistics, for “Wakan Meien-ni-okeru hiragana jitai ninshiki”.
- 2016. Dai 34-kai Shinmura Izuru kenkyū shōrei shō [The 34th Shinmura Izuru Research Prize]. Shinmura Izuru Foundation.
- 2012. Itako bushi-no shiryōsei [A linguistic survey on Itako-bushi]. Gobun ronsō [Journal of Japanese Language and Culture] 27. pp. 26–42. Not refereed.
- 2013. Edoki-no irohagana [Irohagana in the Edo period]. Kokugo Kokubun Kenkyū [Studies in Japanese Language and Literature] 142. pp. 33–43. Refereed.
- 2014. Meijiki-no irohagana [Irohagana in the Meiji period]. In Kokugo Mojishi Kenkyūkai (eds.). Kokugo Mojishi no Kenkyū 14 [Studies in the History of Japanese Writings 14]. pp. 135–152. Refreed.
- 2014. Meiji kenteiki tokuhon-ni-okeru hiragana jitai [The Hiragana graphemes in authorised elementary school reading books of the Meiji period]. Nihongo-no Kenkyū [Studies of the Japanese Language]. 10 (4). pp. 97–83 (desc.). Refreed.
- 2015. Shōgakkōrei shikō kisoku dai-1gō-hyō oboegaki [On Table 1 annexed to the Ordinance of the Order of Elementary School]. Kokugo Kokubun Kenkyū [Studies in Japanese Language and Literature] 146. pp. 43–56. Refereed.
- 2016. (Li, Yuan, Shin Woongchul, and Kazuhiro Okada). Japanese rendition of Tenrei banshō meigi’s definition in early Japanese lexicography: An essay. Journal of the Graduate School of Letters, Hokkaido University 11. pp. 83–96. Not refereed.
- 2016. (Matsuura, Toshio, Sanae Tamura, Kanako Ishigaki, Kazuhiro Okada, Yui Takagi, and Yusuke Yoshimura). Daigaku shonenji-no bunshō hyōgen kyōiku-ni-okeru ‘rebyū ronbun’ sakusei-no shikō [A trial of writing review essay in writing courses in the first-year in higher education]. Hokusei Ronshū [Bulletin of Hokusei University] 53 (2). pp. 47–55. Not refereed.
- In printing. Kindai katsuji chūzō, hanbai gyōsha-ni-okeru hiragana jitai-no yōi [Hiragana graphemes in stock in modern Japanese type foundries and distributors]. Gobun ronsō [Journal of Japanese Language and Culture] 32. Not refereed.
- Submitted. Aru edoki-no kana kaisō-kan: Wakan Meien-ni okeru jitai hairetsu [An Edo period view on Hiragana: Grapheme ordering in Wakan Meien].
- 2012. Transl. Galambos, I. Shahon-no jittai-kara mita jisho kijutsu: kaii moji-o rei-to shite [Lexicographic data in light of manuscript evidence: The case of huiyi characters]. In Harumichi Ishiduka (ed.) Kanji Jitaishi Kenkyū [Studies in History of Hanzi Normative]. Tokyo: Bensei Publishing (English into Japanese).
- 2011. Meiji-ki Kokugo-kei kyōkasho-no kanahyō-ni-okeru Hiragana [Hiragana used in Kana-charts of textbooks in the Meiji era]. 2011 Spring Meeting, The Society for Japanese Linguistics, Kobe University.
- 2012. Dai-sanji Shōgakkōrei izen-no Kokugo kyōkasho-ni-okeru kana jitai-no hensen [Transition in Hiragana glyphs in the Japanese textbooks published earlier than the third Ordinance for Enforcement of the Order of Elementary School]. 2012 Spring Meeting, The Society for Japanese Linguistics, Chiba University.
- 2014. Yamato-kana-to Ōshū nihongaku-ni-okeru kana kenkyū [Yamato-kana and the Kana studies in Europe-American Japanology]. 2014 Spring Meeting, The Society for Japanese Linguistics, Waseda University.
- 2014. Typological differences in the linked writing of cursives. The Ninth International Workshop on Written Language and Literacy, University of Sussex.
- 2015. Kemperu Nihon-shi shukō-ni-okeru kana-no bunrui-to kampon-deno henkai [Classification of Kana in Kaempfer’s Heutiges Japan: Contrast between Manuscript and Printed Book]. 2015 Spring Meeting, The Society for Japanese Linguistics, Kwansei Gakuin University.
- 2015 (Matsuura, Toshio, Tamura Sanae, Ishigaki Kanako, Okada Kazuhiro, Takagi Yui, and Yoshimura Yūsuke). Daigaku shonenji-no bunshō hyōgen kyōiku-ni-okeru ‘review ronbun’ sakusei-no shikō [A trial of writing review essay in writing courses in the first-year in higher education]. 11th The Japan Association for Developmental Education. Hokusei Gakuen University. Poster Presentation.
- 2016. Wakan meien-ni-okeru hiragana jitai ninshiki [Hiragana grapheme recognition in Wakan meien]. 2016 Spring Meeting, The Society for Japanese Linguistics, Gakushuin University, In-Booth Presentation
- 2016. Reorganising a Japanese calligraphy dictionary into a grapheme database and beyond: The case of the Wakan Meien grapheme database. JADH2016. University of Tokyo.
- 2017. Hentaigana charts in Meiji Textbooks Revisited: An analysis of hentaigana charts. EAJS2017. Universidade Nova de Lisboa.
- 2013. Meijiki-no irohagana [Irohagana in the Meiji period]. 57th Sapporo Gakuin University Linguistic Forum. Sapporo Gakuin University.
- 2013. For diachronic corpus of hiragana grapheme. 24th Research Seminar on Computing in East Asian Studies. Kyoto University.
- 2015. ‘Hiragana’-ga sasu mono-to sono utsuroi [A history of the referent of ‘hiragana’]. 33th Society for Orthography. Kansai University.
- 2016. What is stylistic regularisation of hiragana in the Meiji period?: A reflection from the diachronic grapheme corpus. 27th Research Seminar on Comuting in East Asian Studies. Kyoto University.
Informal but Open to Public
- 2010. Mu-to kaite fu-to yomu: kindaigo-ni-okeru ma-gyō-to ba-gyō-no kōtai genshō-no henka saihō [For MU read BU: Changing in m-b conversion in Modern Japanese Revisited]. 2nd TwiFULL Sapporo Linguistic Meeting. Hokkaido University.
- 2011. Itako bushi-no shiryōsei [A linguistic survey on Itako-bushi]. 9th TwiFULL Sapporo Linguistic Meeting. Hokkaido University.
- 2012. Kindai izen-no kana taikei-no seishitsu [On the very nature of premodern Kana system]. Special session of the two SIG at the Institute for Research in Humanities, Kyoto University. Hokkaido University. Invited.
- 2012. Questioning allograph: Evidence from Old Hiragana. 17th TwiFULL Sapporo Linguistic Meeting. Hokkaido University.
- 2013. Irohagana-to sono shūhen [Irohagana and the surroundings]. 21th TwiFULL Sapporo Linguistic Meeting. Hokkaido University.
- 2009. Wikimedia-ni-okeru gengo tayōsei [Linguistic diversity in Wikimedia]. Tokyo MEDIFES 2009. Tokyo Women’s Plaza.
- 2012. Kana-no naritachi [A history of Kana]. 3rd Type Renoir. Café Renoir, the Shinjuku Kuyakushomae store.
- 2016. Editorial introduction to Wikipedia. Workishop: Wikipedia Campus in Hokudai, Hokkaido University Library.
- 2013. Transl. Iida, T. On the Shosoin collection. International Workshop on Codicology of Hanzi Scripts: As the middle point report, Ryukoku University, Kyoto. March 2013. (Japanese into English)
- 2013. Transl. Kosukegawa, T. On the Chinese classics of the Dunhuang manuscripts. International Workshop on Codicology of Hanzi Scripts: As the middle point report, Ryukoku University, Kyoto. March 2013. (Japanese into English)
- 2013. Transl. Kosukegawa, T. Explaining what kundoku is in the premodern Sinosphere. Workshop on Reading Classical texts in the Vernacular, Waseda University, Tokyo. July 2013. (Japanese into English)
- 2015 (with National Institutes for the Humanities). English Resource Guide for Japanese Studies and Humanities in Japan. National Institutes for the Humanities, 2015.